Saturday, September 17, 2011

S.A.L.S.A.


This morning, a friend and I  made an early morning trip to the local 
Grower's Market. It was the perfect fall morning. The sun was shining,
yet there was a crispness to the air. Even some fallen leaves
were scattered about the parking lot. 

Besides the cider and unbelievable ciabatta bread I 
purchased, I also got fresh veggies for homemade salsa.
It's a summertime favorite around our house, so before the market
is finished for the season, I figured I'd take full advantage of this 
unusually free Saturday to make fresh salsa. 

I start by cleaning and dicing green peppers. 


Next, I dice up a purple onion or two. 


Then, I chop up about five cloves of garlic and add that to the 
peppers and onions. 


I add the tomatoes next ... but got so excited about the end 
result, I forgot to snap a photo of those red beauties. 

After the tomatoes ... I chop up a jalapeno and throw in some fresh 
lemon juice and some salt. (We are not fans of cilantro, so that is
an ingredient I happily leave out.)


It is wise to wait 3-4 hours for the flavors to blend, though in 
our house that seems like an eternity and we can't seem to hold out. 


The end result ... a gorgeous blend of color and flavor!! 

I made a huge serving bowl full of salsa and half a day later, 
it's half gone. :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...