Friday, April 12, 2013

Turquoise/Splash | Nurture Photography

This prompt forced me to think a little bit and get creative, but the weather was fabulous this week and allowed me to get outside for the first time in a long time! When looking around our garage for turquoise, I found the sidewalk chalk. These days, it doesn't get used like it use to as my girls are getting older, but it does make an appearance on occasion.  turquoise sidewalk chalk - 1 copy
Turquoise chalk - 2 copy
Turquoise chalk - 3
                  50mm, f2.0, 1/500, iso 500, frames by Fuzzimo,
                        texture Cafe Script by RH West 


Turquoise springDSC_4988

I also took a little bit of time to set up my tripod outside. I recently had fun practicing some slow shutter speeds in San Francisco as we walked across the Golden Gate bridge. I slowed it down and caught the motion of the cars on the bridge. You can find one of the photos in this post I did earlier this week. 

I decided to practice fast shutter speeds and freezing motion this week. I used my 50mm lens and set a fast shutter speed. It was actually a lot of fun catching different splashes. I ended up with a lot of photos to choose from. No worries ... I narrowed it down to four. :) 
splash framed - 1

splashDSC_5008

splash framed - 2

splashDSC_5043

50mm, f2.0, 1/2000, iso 500, frames by Fuzzimo, texture Edith by Kim Klassen

I can't tell you how happy I am that Spring has finally sprung here! We had temperatures in the 80s earlier in the week. Rain moved in yesterday and its raining today, but the grass turned green overnight. And ... you know what they say, "April showers bring May flowers"!

Hugs,
tish


the long roadFriday Photo JournalNurture Photography Challenge - Spring 2013 Edition

21 comments:

  1. I was anxious to see your photos so I had to pop over when I saw your thumbnail! And I'm so happy temps are warming there for you! Love the way you managed to capture the water droplets with the fast shutter- you executed this beautifully, but I must admit I think my favorite photos may be your chalk pics. Amazing how something so simple can make for such beautiful photos. :) Inspiring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, well, i love that i caught the splash so well, but next time I'll have to work on the background more. i had the house siding in the background, so I tried to mask it with texture. it then seemed to change the colors of the glass and strawberry which didn't make me too happy but I ran out of time to play with the photos more. The photos of the chalk are my favorites too. Thanks for your kind words!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PieniLintu LintunenApril 12, 2013 at 9:28 AM

    Those splash shots with a strawberry are so great!! I also love those first photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much! i love the splashes too! i think i need to work on the color and background for next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my lanz! I love the chalk idea! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, thanks Sarah! I enjoy getting the chalk out myself at times. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great turquoise shots. Adore the texture you used, and the splash shots are amazing! I simply must try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cool splashing shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for warm weather!! These pics are fantastic! I love the focus on your "spring" shot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your splash photos, too! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely shots! And I'm a big chalk lover I'm the one usually drawing while the kids run around. I love the splash shots. I totally want to get out my tripod and play around now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing photos. Thank you for sharing your lovely blog at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those splash shots are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you! I love that texture too! It was fun to play with the splash, you definitely should try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Lynn! It was fun. I'm looking forward to trying it again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Amanda. I like messing around with the chalk too. Its mindless and therapeutic sometimes, haha. Go for it! Get your tripod out and play. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Emily! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for spring! It's about time, huh? Love those blue sidewalk chalk photos. :) Isn't so much fun, playing with shutter speed? What a great way to take creative control!

    Thanks so much for joining us in the Nurture Photography Challenge! Can't wait to see what you come up with for our new prompt: Green/Nature. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...