Friday, January 25, 2013

Our First Ski Trip of the Season

 photo skiingadventurecollage_zps90c74fb3.jpg
(Collage template compliments of Project Alicia. You can find this freebie here.) 

A few years back, we decided to take the girls skiing. My husband and I both dislike winter very much and would be content to stay indoors until spring. We used to ski - I actually grew up skiing with my family and, my husband, he went skiing a lot through high school and college. We actually went a few times before we got married, but hadn't hit the slopes since that time. We decided it was time to introduce the girls to the sport, plus it would give us a little fun to get us through the winter.

The girls took to it quickly. We had a great time and have been skiing a few times since. Until this point, we only managed to ski once a season due to the craziness of the girls' gymnastics schedule. Since the girls changed sports this year, we are hoping to get out there more.

Sunday, we packed up our gear and drove a couple hours to a slope. We enjoyed ourselves so much! The girls even conquered their first intermediate slope! We're hoping to make it out a few more times before the season comes to an end.

More snow is on the way today. (blek.) We seem to average a couple of dry sunny days in between snow storms. The weather has been frigid here this week, we've been seeing a lot of single-digit temperatures. We are looking forward to mid-week next week where the temperatures are supposed to hit the mid 40s-50s! It will be a welcome relief.

Enjoy your weekend!

Hugs,
tish

the long roadFriday Photo JournalGive me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday

5 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun day! I love the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos look amazing in this circle template...love it. You guys look like you had a blast. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of going as a family skiing together. It looks like you guys had a blast. I have never been but think it would be fun to learn and something to do in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I have never been skiing. Weird, I know. We're not that far from slopes. I know my kids would love it. What a fun family trip! Love seeing your pics.

    Hope you get some warm sun soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to ski before we adopted our youngest daughter; hopefully in a few years we can head back to the slopes. I am not fond of winter anymore (been in Florida longer than I was in my home State of Maine). But skiing is so much fun, and the beauty, and the fresh air..... Have a blast and keep the family fun coming! I love your photography, your wide pictures on your wide blog. Makes me want to get a blog makeover on ours! Thanks for stopping by our blog.

    Alyzabeth's Mommy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...