Saturday, February 22, 2014

Embracing the Snow

This week has brought more snow, some sleet and yesterday some rain. It seems this winter is never-ending. The weather man tells me that average temps for this time of the year should be hitting 40-degrees by next week. We've barely even seen 30s!! We are in a warming trend 'til Sunday, but then the "Polar Vortex" is suppose to be return. Really?! Ugh.

So, in an attempt to embrace the snow, I begged talked my youngest into a photoshoot in the snow. Once I talked it up, she got on board and actually got into it. My oldest was out for the day, but I did manage to get her out for a few minutes after dark for some night shots. 

Snow

Snow

I'm happy to get these mini sessions with my girls. Time is really flying by. I'm glad for the rare opportunities when they allow me to pull out my camera and capture them. 

Snow

Snow

Do you remember when your kids were born and everyone told you the time would fly by? I have always known that to be true, but never thought it would go by this quickly.  Marking the halfway point of  her middle school years, Morgan is blossoming into a beautiful young lady, discovering who she is and finding her place in this world. 

Snow

Snow

She is naturally bright and is bubbling with life and personality.

Snow

Snow

Snow

Snow

It has been a joy to watch Addison blossom since starting high school last year. She has grown from a shy, quiet little girl into a confident young lady. She is determined, self-motivated and bright. Her laugh is contagious. 

Snow

Snow 

Snow

Snow

Snow

She is in the process of figuring out what she wants to do with her life and starting to think about college. It is a crazy time and it's all happening too fast! 

Snow

Snow

It sure is a busy time in our lives, but I'm enjoying every minute of it.  
I love being their mom. 



Linking up with Serendipity is Sweet

2 comments:

  1. these pictures should be illegal they are so beautiful. This is the first time I look at that first picture of Morgan and keep second guessing whether it really is morgan or addison. I never thought they looked alike but in that picture I could hardly tell who was who. Absolutely stunning. You guys make PA look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!! tha's so funny!! just last weekend a lady came up to the girls and asked if they were twins!! thanks for your sweetness sis! i'm not sure if PA can look good with all this snow. you really lucked out this winter!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...