Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Raspberry Sour Cream Tart

raspberry tart with clip

framed tart with tape

Raspberry Sour Cream Tart title
Pin It

50mm, f/2.8, 1/60, iso 3200. 
Levels adjusted in Photoshop CS5 and enhanced with Greater than Gatsby's One Click Perfect Color action
Vintage Frames 22 by The CoffeeShop Blog
Paperclip and Sticky Tape by Fuzzimo


This is easily one of my very favorite dessert recipes. I recently made this for my daughter's middle school teacher appreciation luncheon. It always seems to be a favorite wherever I take it. As a matter of fact, any time I make it, I have to make two. My girls tell me I'm not allowed to make it for someone else without also making one to keep at home. 

The tart is easy to make and always gives a beautiful presentation. I adapted the recipe from Bon Appetit

Raspberry Sour Cream Tart 
For the crust: 
8 graham crackers, coarsely broken
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted

Filling and Topping:
6 oz cream cheese at room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 sour cream
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/2 pint containers raspberries
1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam

Crust:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a food processor, grind graham crackers and sugar until coarse crumbs form. Add butter, process until evenly moistened. Press firmly up bottom and sides of a 9" tart pan with removable bottom. Bake until firm, about 8 minutes. Cool. 

Filling/Topping: 
Using mixer, beat together sour cream, cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Spread filling in cooled crust. Chill until firm, at least 4 hours. (Can be made a day ahead, cover and keep chilled). Arrange berries over filling. Whisk jam in small bowl to loose consistency. Drizzle over berries. Serve immediately or chill up to 3 hours. 

This certainly doesn't last long around our house! I hope you give it a try. 

hugs, 
tish

Live and Love...Out LoudThe Paper MamaKleinworth & Co., your best weekly button, DIY sharing, project sharing, recipe sharing, weekly Wednesday blog link up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...