Friday, June 29, 2012
Homemade Blueberry Muffins
I picked up a quart of freshly picked blueberries at a local fruit and vegetable market this week. I knew I wanted to make some homemade muffins with them and since blueberries don't last too long around our house, I knew I had to get on it right away! So after a few photos, Morgan and I set to work.
This is my favorite blueberry muffin recipe. Its rather simple, but the muffins turn out fluffy and so yummy!
We beat together 4 Tablespoons butter, 3/4 cups of sugar, 1 egg yolk and 2/3 cups of milk.
In a separate bowl, we mixed 1-3/4 cups of flour, 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla and 2 teaspoons of baking powder. We gradually added it to the butter and sugar mixture.
After that, we mixed in 1 cup of blueberries, being careful not to smash them. Next, we folded in beaten egg whites. We then poured the batter into cupcake papers and put in the oven to bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
It was hard to wait, but we let the muffins cool a few minutes before peeling back the paper to take a big bite.
4 Tbs butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, separated
2/3 cup milk
1-3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp vanilla
3 tsp baking powder
1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
2. Melt 4 tsp of butter and add to 3/4 cup sugar, 1 egg yolk and
2/3 cup milk. Mix on low-medium. Add 1/4 tsp vanilla.
3. Mix together 1-3/4 cups of flour and 3 tsp baking powder.
4. Pour flour mixture gradually into sugar mixture.
5. Gently mix in 1 cup blueberries.
6. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold into mixture.
7. Pour batter into cupcake papers.
8. Bake until done, 15-18 minutes.
Let me know if you try the recipe and how you liked them. :D