Friday, March 14, 2014

Spring is in the Air

This week brought us hope.

We finally saw temps climb out of the 20s this week and even had a few mild days in the 50-60 degree range!! It's really amazing what some sunshine and warmer weather can do for your mental state. I couldn't stay in the house. I found anything I could do to be outside. I took an extra walk, I took down the rest of the Christmas lights I hadn't been able to get to due to ice and snow, I shot some basketball hoops with my daughter and sat on the porch drinking an iced mocha latte. 

And after all that, I got the itch to do a little planting. 

Spring is in Air

I had the opportunity to attend the Philadelphia Flower Show for the first time with a group of friends last week. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time and it sure didn't disappoint. All the beautiful flowers and greenery sure kicked my spring fever into high gear! It was wonderful to see the spectacular art exhibits made with flowers. Seeing all the bright colors, smelling the fragrance of the flowers and even touching the green grass; it was exactly what I needed!  

I found this adorable little pot from one of the many vendors and thought it would be the perfect addition to my kitchen windowsill. Then I bought these tiny potted greens to fill it with. I decided Tuesday was the perfect day to transplant them. It gave me just another excuse to be outside. 

Feels like Spring

I gathered all the supplies I would need and got started. 

Feels like Spring

It felt good to be out in the fresh air, working in the soil and planting, even if it was only for a short time. It made me even more excited for spring. 

Feels like Spring

I put some potting soil into the bottom of my little urn ... 

Spring is in Air
 
... and gently took my plants from their pots, transplanting them into the urn.

Feels like Spring

After adding a bit more soil, my little project was complete. 

Feels like Spring

I love it! The plants are so cute and the pot is just the right size to sit on the windowsill in my kitchen.  It's the perfect spot for me to see the plants everyday and enjoy their beautiful greenery.  

Feels like Spring

I think we may finally be on the downhill side of winter. I, for one, am certainly looking forward to spring and putting this miserable winter behind me.

Enjoy your weekend! 


Serendipity is Sweet
The Long Road to China
Little Things Thursday

10 comments:

  1. The Philly flower show! Jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky you - we had a couple of lovely, sunny days as well and then were blasted with some more snow! haha! The never ending winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krsity, Life-n-ReflectionMarch 14, 2014 at 10:38 AM

    I love to keep greens like these in my window box too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a happy post Tish! I love those first tastes of spring that shake you out of the slump. This little urn is adorable and I hope it brings you much happiness as you enjoy it in your windowsill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post makes me so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're happy to see us finally breaking free of winters grip? me too! it's been a rough one. you picked the perfect year to migrate south!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, thanks Kim!! it's so funny to see how a little bit of warmer weather does make everyone happy!! everyone i saw that warm day was so upbeat and happy. we really got beat up this winter!! thank you, i love my little urn too!! it's good to see green!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. there's something about living plants that really help get you through those long winter months!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm so sorry Teresa!! i am so thankful the last snow storm missed us! they are calling for more snow here on monday, i'm praying it somehow misses us once again. we all need spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it was fabulous Tamar!! i'm not sure why i've waited so long to go! hoping to get back there next year. have you ever been?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...