Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wordless Wednesday | Gymnastics Competition

The girls had a home gymnastics meet this weekend. They have both had some struggles this season, but they have worked so hard to get through them. I am so proud of them both. 
"M" was the first to compete, Saturday evening 5:00 p.m. She had a great meet, improving most of her scores and earning two medals ... one from vault and one from bars!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
"A" competed Sunday morning, 8:00 a.m. She was up and ready to go. She also did very well, improving a few of her scores from her previous meet. She earned a 2nd place medal on vault! 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Though I was never a gymnast myself, as the mother of two gymnasts, I have learned just how difficult this sport is. The girls each put in approximately 12-15 hours of practice per week. It takes a lot of determination, bravery and strength. My husband and I are so very proud of our girls and all they have accomplished in this sport!

 
Live and Love...Out Loud
NapTime MomTog

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is so cool. I took gymnastics when I was younger for a few years. It was hard. Congrats to your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful! Good for them!! Though I was never a gymnast, I studied ballet for many years when I was younger and I know the long hours of training and the passion it takes to be really good at such a physically intense activity. I learned so much through that. It was definitely worth every ache, pain and disappointment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...